Vegan mushroom & chickpea stroganoff 🍄
This makes a great midweek dinner, it’s so easy to make & requires very little time 👌🏼 also takes soooo good! Perfect cosy meal for a cold night 😍 I had mine with rice, but you can have with mashed potatoes or pasta too – they’re all delicious 🤩
1. 1 white onion
2. 4 garlic cloves (or garlic paste)
3. 300g mushrooms
4. 1 can chickpeas
5. 2 tbsp soy sauce
6. 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (or white wine)
7. 0.5 tsp smoked paprika & garlic powder
8. 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
9. Salt, pepper, chilli flakes
10. 200ml vegetable stock
11. 200ml coconut milk
12. 1 tbsp cornflour
1. Sauté the onion & garlic until soft. Add the mushrooms & soften for a couple of minutes.
2. Add the soy sauce, balsamic, smoked paprika, garlic, chilli flakes, salt & pepper. Stir & coat the mushrooms completely.
3. Add the vegetable stock and coconut milk. Add the chickpeas, nutritional yeast and cornflour.
4. Stir until the stroganoff begins to thicken up – about 8-10 minutes. Taste & add more seasoning if needed.
5. Enjoy ❤️
I have the step by step guide on how to make this on my story highlight 👆🏼✅ Also, you can leave the chickpeas out of this recipe, they’re optional but really delicious in my opinion 😊👌🏼