🌶 TOMATO LENTIL CURRY 🌶
If you have been following me for a while you’ll know how much I love lentils! They’re cheap, versatile & incredibly nutritious 🙌🏼
Lentils are made up of over 25% protein, which makes them an excellent meat alternative. They’re also a great source of iron and fibre!
This curry is full of Indian spices and flavour. Serves deliciously with rice, a squeeze of lime and some fresh coriander 🌿 this serves 4.
1. 1 onion
2. 4 garlic cloves
3. 260g red split lentils
4. 1 tsp ground ginger
5. 1 tsp cumin
6. 1 tsp turmeric
7. 1 tsp chilli powder
8. 1 tbsp garam masala
9. 1 tbsp tomato purée
10. Salt & pepper
11. 500ml vegetable stock
12. 1 can chopped tomatoes
13. 1 can coconut milk
14. Handful of spinach (optional)
1. Sauté the onion & garlic in a large pot for 3 minutes. Add in a splash of water, the red split lentils and all of the spices. Stir continuously letting the spices infuse and coat the lentils.
2. After 5 minutes, add in the vegetable stock, stir and let it cook for 3-4 minutes on high heat.
3. Add the tomato purée and tin of chopped tomatoes. Season with salt & pepper and stir continuously until the curry thickens.
4. Once the lentils are soft & cooked, add in the coconut milk. Stir and add in the spinach here. Serve with some rice, naan and garnish with fresh coriander ❤️