Tofu Tikka Skewers ❤️
This is a fun and easy recipe you should try for Veganuary 🤩 Tofu chunks marinated in a soya yoghurt spice mixture and then assembled onto a skewer and baked for 20 mins. Delicious 😍 these were so fun to make and enjoyed by all! I served with spiced rice – for the rice I mixed in some diced red onion, bell pepper, turmeric and smoked paprika. It was so yum! 😍
1. Block of firm tofu
2. 200g plain soya yoghurt
3. 1 tsp cumin
4. 1 tsp ground coriander
5. 1 tsp smoked paprika
6. 1 tsp turmeric
7. 1 tsp tamari
8. 0.5 tsp garlic powder
9. 0.5 tsp cayenne
10. Diced scallions & fresh coriander
11. Salt & pepper
1. First you need to press as much liquid as possible out of the tofu using kitchen roll. Chop the tofu into small cubes.
2. Add the yoghurt and spices into a big bowl and mix until everything is combined.
3. Add the tofu chunks into the spices yoghurt mixture, using your hands, coat the tofu pieces in the sauce.
4. Add in the fresh coriander and scallions, give it another mix. Cover with clingfilm and leave to sit in the marinade for 2 hours.
5. Once the 2 hours are up, preheat the oven to 200 celsius.
6. Place the tofu, some red pepper chunks and red onion chunks onto the skewers. This should make 5 skewers.
7. Place on a baking tray and add any leftover marinade. Bake for 20 minutes.
8. Serve with my spiced rice and some salad, enjoy 😍❤️