Sweet potato & chickpea creamy casserole 🥘
I wish instagram had a smell button, and a taste button for that matter!! 😂 this is a big belly hug in a bowl – using autumnal vegetables of choice : sweet potato / butternut squash / pumpkin / kale / broccoli / cauliflower, with some chickpeas or cannellini beans and bake in a cashew sauce = my idea of perfection 😍
1. 2 sweet potatoes (or squash, pumpkin etc- I used some leftover pumpkin here too)
2. 1 small head of broccoli (or cauliflower/kale)
3. 1 tin chickpeas (or cannellini beans)
4. 1 onion
5. 300ml of vegetable stock
6. 100g cashew nuts
7. Salt & pepper
8. 1 tsp garlic paste
9. Small drizzle of olive oil (or frylite spray)
1. Preheat the oven to 200celsius. Chop your sweet potato, broccoli, onion.
2. In a casserole dish – add a drizzle of olive oil, sweet potato, broccoli, onion, chickpeas & toss them together. Add salt & pepper.
3. In a blender – add the cooled vegetable stock, cashew nuts, garlic paste, salt & pepper. Blend until a smooth sauce forms.
4. Add the sauce to the casserole dish & bake for around 40 mins. Every 15 mins give it a stir so that the sweet potato cooks through.
5. Remove & enjoy 😍
Have a look at my ‘casserole’ story highlight to see the step by step video!