Prep:15 minsCook:1 hrTotal:1 hr 15 minsCuisine : American
Peach Cobbler Pound Cake is the perfect combination of a sweet summer peach cobbler and a rich buttery pound cake. It’s delicious with morning coffee, afternoon tea, or ice cream for dessert.
Peach County residents host an annual Peach Festival where pageants, parades and parties are all dedicated to the beautiful stone fruit. On the first Saturday morning of the festival, a man by the name of Rich Bennett and his volunteers come together to make “The World’s Largest Peach Cobbler”. With 75 gallons of fresh Georgia Peaches, 150 pounds of self-rising flour, 150 pounds of sugar, 32 gallons of milk and 90 pounds of butter, this cobbler is a colossal undertaking. The result? A phenomenal success.
• 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
• 1 Tbsp. baking powder
• ½ tsp. salt
• 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
• ½ tsp. allspice
• ½ tsp. nutmeg
• 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
• 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
• 2 tsp. vanilla extract
• 8 oz cream cheese, cubed
• 2 cans of peaches
• 4 Tbsp. butter
• ½ cup packed brown sugar
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:
• 4 oz cream cheese, softened
• 4 Tbsp. butter, softened
• 1 ½ cups powdered sugar, sifted
• ½ tsp. cinnamon
• ¼ tsp. vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 10” Bundt pan with cooking spray and dust with flour.
2. In a medium size bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg. Set aside
3. In a large bowl, beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add in the Greek yogurt and vanilla and continue to beat on until completely incorporated and smooth.
5. Add in half the flour mixture until combined. Add the remaining flour mixture and continue to beat until smooth. Fold the cubed cream cheese into the batter.
6. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the brown sugar and whisk until sugar is dissolved and bubbly.
7. Add the peaches and stir until well coated (about 3-5 minutes). Pour into the prepared Bundt pan. Pour the batter over the peaches.
8. Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and cake begins to pull away from the edges.
9. Cool cake in Bundt pan for 15-20 minutes, then invert on a plate.
10. For the frosting, in a medium size bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
11. Add the sifted powdered sugar and beat until combined. Add the cinnamon and vanilla and stir to combine.
12. Drizzle half of the frosting over the warm cake. Allow cake to cool completely and drizzle remaining frosting over the top.
Serving: 1slice| Calories: 213kcal (11%)| Carbohydrates: 41g (14%)| Protein: 1g (2%)| Fat: 5g (8%)| Saturated Fat: 3g (19%)| Trans Fat: 1g| Cholesterol: 14mg (5%)| Sodium: 743mg (32%)| Potassium: 135mg (4%)| Fiber: 1g (4%)| Sugar: 36g (40%)| Vitamin A: 181IU (4%)| Vitamin C: 1mg (1%)| Calcium: 68mg (7%)| Iron: 1mg (6%)