If you’ve never tried This nice and easy, delightful soup. I highly recommend it. This copycat Outback Steakhouse Walkabout Onion Soup is delicious, rich, hearty and just as good as the original.
Anytime you want something hearty on a cold winter night this is the right soup for you.
With its basic ingredients no need to rush at your local supermarket in being able to make it, with white onions working perfectly well in this recipe as much as walla onions.
Somewhere along the line, Outback steakhouse discontinued their famous Walkabout soup at their restaurants. And today I’m showing you how to recreate it.
This recipe makes the perfect start for any meal.
- 2 cups of yellow sweet onions, thinly cut.
- 2 teaspoons of butter
- 15 ounces of chicken broth.
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of fresh pepper,
- 2 cubes of chicken cubes
- 1/4 cup of velvet cheese, cubes, diced
- 1 1/2-1 3/4 cup white sauce
- Cheddar, shredded cheese
- White sauce
- 3 teaspoons of butter
- 3 teaspoons of flour
- place 3 tablespoons butter and sliced onions, In a medium-size saucepan.
- Cook at medium heat, and keep stirring frequently until soft and clear. ( but not brown)
- Add the chicken bouillon, chicken broth, salt, pepper, and stir until completely heated through.
- bring butter ro melt and add flour, in a small sauce pan. cook on medium heat until the flour turns thick.
- Your flour mixture should be thick now, what should you do is to Pour milk in flour a little at a time and stir constantly, then add salt.
- Remember to stir constantly your mixture i order to jot get lump. Set aside.
- Add white sauce and Velveeta cheese, to the onion broth mixture. Simmer until the cheese is melted and all your ingredients are well blended, keep stirring.
- let it cook for an additional 30 to 45 minutes, at a warm temperature.
You can use white onions or other sweet onions, i prefer walla onions. As a garnish you can use shredded cheddar cheese, or feel creative to add any kinda of cheese you like.