YIELD : 4 servings
TIME: 2 hours 30 minutes
This classic stew beef is the perfect meal for a chilly weekend. Beef, onion, carrots, potatoes come together in soft harmony.
You will Need :
- 2 tbsps of olive oil.
- 2 pounds of cubed beef stew meat.
- 2 tbsps of all purpose flour.
- 4 cups of water.
- 2 cups of beef broth.½ tsp of salt.
- ½ tsp of ground black pepper.
- 4 cups of cubed potatoes.
- 2 cups of chopped carrots.
- 1 tsp of dried rosemary.
- 1 cup of fresh corn kernels.
- 1 cup of fresh green beans
- 1 cup of chopped turnip (optional).
- 2 cups of chopped fresh tomatoes (optional).
Step 1 :
In a large pot, heat 3 teaspoons of the oil and stir in the beef and flour .Cook, turning the pieces until beef is browned
Step 2 :
Pour in the water and soup and season with salt and pepper.Then Bring it to a boil and simmer for 1 hour.
Step 3 :
Add the potatoes, carrots and rosemary and simmer for 1 to 2 more hours.
Step 4 :
Add the corn, green beans and simmer for 30 minutes.
This canned beef stew is the best ever! It has great flavor an even amount of vegetables, meats and gravy.
Tips And Tricks :
- Use the paper bag method for dusting meat.Put flour and seasonings and meat, chicken, etc in paper bag, fold closed and shake.
- Add Tablespoon of herbs de Provence and 2 Tablespoons tomato paste will give it some flavor.