The ultimate plant based enchilada – Smokey black bean & lentil enchiladas, baked in a mild tomato sauce and topped with cashew cream, avocado & fresh coriander 🌿 heaven 😍 these are packed with plant protein & super high in fibre. This is up there with one of my favourite recipes ever 🙌🏼
Tomato Sauce –
1. 200ml vegetable stock
2. 200ml tomato paste
3. 1 tsp garlic
4. 1 tsp cumin
5. 1/2 tsp cayenne / chilli powder
1. 1 can black beans
2. 1 can cooked lentils
3. 2 tsp smoked paprika
4. Half of the tomato sauce from above ☝🏼
5. 1 can sweetcorn
6. 1 red pepper
7. Salt, pepper, chilli flakes to taste
Cashew cream –
1. 100g cashew nuts
2. 100ml almond milk
3. Salt & pepper
4. 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
5. Juice of 1/4 lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 200celsius. Make your sauce by combing the sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Heat a pan with oil spray, add all of the filling ingredients and cook for 5-8 minutes until all is mixed.
3. Fill 6 small tortillas with the filling evenly, roll up and place in a baking tray. Drizzle the rest of the sauce over the top. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
4. Make the cashew cream by adding all the ingredients to a blender & blend until smooth.
5. Remove the enchiladas from the oven, top with the cashew cream, sliced avocado & a handful of fresh coriander. Enjoy 😍🌱