CREAMY VEGAN ALFREDO PASTA 🤩
This is a super simple creamy pasta recipe, only requires a couple ingredients and tastes so good! 😍 it’s a much lighter sauce in comparison to a traditional alfredo due to it being completely dairy free 🌱
1. Pasta of choice (I used linguine)
2. 100g cashew nuts
3. 250ml vegetable stock
4. 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
5. 1 tsp garlic powder
6. 1 onion
7. 3 garlic cloves
8. 150g mushrooms
9. Handful of sundried tomatoes & cherry tomatoes
10. Grated zucchini spirals (optional)
11. Salt & pepper
1. Boil the pasta in salted water as normal.
2. For the sauce – In a blender, blend together the vegetable stock, cashew nuts, garlic powder, nutritional yeast and a generous crack of salt & pepper.
3. In a pan, fry off the onion & garlic in some olive oil. Add the mushrooms, sundried & cherry tomatoes and the zucchini spirals. Season with salt & pepper.
4. Drain the cooked pasta and add to the pan, add the creamy cashew sauce and mix everything together. Add a couple spoons of the salted pasta water if it’s dry.
5. Serve with some garlic bread & enjoy 😍