Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Servings: up to 30
Calories: 54 kcal per serving
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- With a nonstick silicone pad, Cover your cookie sheet. Or you can use a silpat.
- In a large to medium bowl using a mixer, beat the egg whites with cream of tartar at high speed until soft peaks form.
- Then add sugar a little at a time, then vanilla and beat well after each addition until you get stiff peaks, the mixture will become glossy as the sugar dissolves.
- Sift cocoa onto egg white mixture, and fold gently until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Drop mixture by heaping tablespoons onto cookie sheet. Makes up to 32 cookies.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or just until completely dry.
- Cool slightly, remove from the cookie sheet. Let Cool completely on the wire rack. Store covered, at room temperature.
Yield: 30 servings | Serving: 1 cookie | Calories: 54 kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.5g| Protein: 0.5g | Fat: 2.5g | Saturated Fat: 1.5g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 9.5mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Freestyle Points: 2 | Points +: 2 |