Chickpea & cauliflower stew 🥘
An easy peasy one pot wonder! 🙌🏼 this stew is hearty and influenced by Moroccan flavours 🌱🇲🇦 the combination of potato, chickpeas, cauliflower, tomatoes & spices is simply delicious and so satisfying! 🤩 this recipe serves 4, save for a cold night & curl up on the couch to enjoy it with some toasted bread to soak up the juices 😍
1. 1 head of cauliflower (cut into florets)
2. 4 small-medium potatoes (cut into small chunks)
3. 1 can of chickpeas
4. 1 can chopped tomatoes
5. 150ml vegetable stock
6. 2 tbsp tomato purée
7. 1 onion
8. 3 garlic cloves
9. 1 bell pepper
10. 1 tsp turmeric, cumin, coriander
11. 2 tbsp soy yoghurt (or hummus)
12. Salt, pepper & chilli flakes
13. Large handful of spinach
1. Start by sauté the onion & garlic in a large pot.
2. Add the chopped potatoes & cauliflower, bell pepper. Add the spices, tomato purée, salt, pepper & sprinkle of chilli flakes. Stir well for 4 minutes so that the spices coat the vegetables.
3. Add the can of chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, stir and reduce to a simmer. Add the chickpeas & season with more salt & pepper.
4. Cover with a lid and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Add the soy yoghurt and mix. Once it’s beginning to thicken and resemble a stew it’s done! Add the spinach, stir all together and serve in a bowl with some toasted bread to dip 😍